What can I do with a degree in Geography?
Review General Information and Advice or skip to more specific information pertaining to our department’s three major thematic areas…
Geographers in this field are most concerned with how human beings use the earth and impact the environment.
- Environmental Management
- Waste Management
- Environmental Regulation
- Emergency Management
- Outdoor Recreation Management
- Federal and State Government Agencies: Environmental Protection Agency, Departments of Agriculture, National Forest Service, National Park Service
- Real Estate Developers
- Scientific and Research Groups
- Waste Management Companies
- Chemical Companies
- Firms specializing in forestry, mining, environmental issues or surveying
- Law Firms
- Become skilled in computer-related technology.
- Take biology and chemistry courses for environment management positions.
- Take electives in plant science, forestry and wildlife management for careers in recreation and forestry management.
- Join environmental organizations on campus and in your community.
- Seek environmental-related experience through internships, summer or part-time jobs.
- Learn federal government job application process.
- Earn a law degree for work areas such as environmental law and policy.