The Department of Geography and Environmental Studies is operating remotely as part of UNM’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our offices in Bandelier West and our computer lab in Bandelier East are closed, but our faculty and staff remain in contact via email and can schedule videoconferences as needed.
If you have questions about department business, email email@example.com.
- We anticipate that the department will partially reopen in early August. If you have questions about our reopening plans, contact Department Chair Chris Duvall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- As a part of UNM’s efforts to reduce our on-campus presence during the Fall 2020 semester, we are changing the format of many Geography classes.
- The classes that started in the formal online format aren’t changing.
- Most of the other classes that have been scheduled in the normal, face-to-face format will instead be offered in remote formats (meaning that they will be taught mostly online).
- For more information, check the UNM Schedule of Classes (schedule.unm.edu), contact your instructors, or email Chris Duvall (email@example.com).
GES Receives Donation to Initiate the Fogleman Memorial Scholarship