Benefits of Graduate School?
Our M.S. in program offers students the opportunity to advance their career aspirations through advanced study in the classroom and in the field. The curriculum has been designed toward three broad learning goals. Students who successfully complete the program should expect to have gained specific professional skills related to these program goals, as indicated in the list of student learning outcomes.
Broad Program Learning Goals for this Degree Program
- Students will learn to conduct legitimate and original research on geographical topics.
- Students will develop an ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Students will prepare themselves for professional careers in Geography.
List of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this Degree Program
- Students will be able to state an original research question appropriate for geographic analysis.
- Students will be able to state how a research project contributes to an existing body of geographic literature.
- Students will be able to design and implement legitimate geographic methodology.
- Students will be able to explain and assess the results of original geographic research.
- Students will be able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral formats.
- Students will be able to enter professional positions or Ph.D. programs related to geography or environmental management.